Daily Maintenance For your Aligners
Daily Maintenance For your Retainers
You can remove your Clear Aligner to eat and brush your teeth. However, it is important to clean your aligners and brush your teeth before you put the Clear Aligners back in. Without good hygiene, food and bacteria will build up in the plastic trays. Thus, you will face a much greater risk for cavities and tooth discoloration. These problems will simply negate the health and cosmetic benefits of your Clear Aligner treatment.
It is always important to brush, floss, and use mouthwash. However, these habits are especially important when you are undergoing Clear Aligner treatment. Normally, even if you forget to brush once or twice, your saliva will help to remove food and bacteria from your mouth. However, if you reinsert your aligners without thorough hygiene, these particles will be trapped in close contact with your teeth for hours on end. To protect your healthy smile, you should brush and floss your teeth every time you eat. Additionally, you should drink plenty of water with meals, as this will further help to remove food and other harmful substances. Of course, there may be times when you eat out and are not able to brush your teeth. On these occasions, thoroughly rinse out your mouth and chew a piece of sugarless gum before putting your tray back in.
What you should NOT do during your clear aligner treatment or with your retainers
- Don’t eat or drink (anything but water) while wearing Clear Aligner: Many foods and drinks can stain or discolor your aligners and cause them to stink.
- Don’t use toothpaste to clean your aligners: Many types of toothpaste (especially those with whitening agents) are abrasive and can dull your aligners or create small traps for bacteria to dwell.
- Don’t use colored soaps (Although anti-bacterial soap is a great way to clean your Clear Aligners, using colored soap can cause your aligners to take hues and shades).
- Don’t leave your aligners exposed or unprotected while eating: Aside from an increased risk of misplacing them, leaving your aligners in the open exposes them to harmful germs and bacteria. Rinse them, soak them, and then rinse them again before returning them to your mouth.
What you should do during your clear aligner treatment or with your retainers
- Brush and floss your teeth before reinserting your aligners: Proper oral hygiene is key in maintaining healthy teeth and avoiding cavities and decay
- You should clean your Clear Aligners every time you brush your teeth. Use a soft cloth, or cotton swab or use gently a soft toothbrush to clean your aligners. Hard-bristled brushes can scratch the plastic, making your trays far less discreet. If you are out and unable to brush your aligners, you should at least rinse them off before putting them back in your mouth. Use room temperature water to do this. Hot or cold water can cause your aligners to change shape, compromising the results of your treatment.
- Always keep your Clear Aligners and Clear Plastic Retainers in a case when they are not in your mouth.
- Soak your aligners twice a week using cleansing tablet or make daily use of EverSmile WhiteFoam. Both are all excellent options in keeping your trays clear and sanitized.
EverSmile WhiteFoam for Clear Aligners and Clear Plastic Retainers
EverSmile helps you to keep your clear aligners or clear retainers clean, transparent, bacteria free and odor free. EverSmile WhiteFoam uses patent pending technology which whitens and cleans using proprietary surfactants, solvents and hydrogen peroxide. EverSmile breaks up and loosens large organic stain particles responsible for discoloration of dental appliances.
Use EverSmile WhiteFoam during the time your Clear Aligners or Retainers are outside of your mouth
You can soak your clear aligners or retainers with the foam while they are outside of the mouth to clean and freshen them throughout the day. Rinse your aligners before reinserting them in your mouth
Use EverSmile WhiteFoam during the time wearing your Clear Aligners or Retainers inside your mouth
EverSmile WhiteFoam will clean your clear aligners or clear retainers and also lightly whitens and cleans your teeth and can be used up to four times per day. Unlike tooth whitening gels, EverSmile WhiteFoam lightly whitens and brightens teeth without altering the fit of aligners and retainers.